Welcome to RenderMan 21.1_1653204!
Welcome to RenderMan 21.1 This release introduces improvements and some fixes to the previous release.
- New parameters adjustNormal and surfaceNormalMix in PxrBump and PxrNormalMap for adjusting normals and mixing surface normals.
- New pattern PxrAdjustNormal for adjusting normals output by custom nodes.
- Improved multiscatter features in PxrVolume.
The normals (Nn) on displaced surfaces are now smooth (rather than facetted like Ngn) for nearly all surface types including Catmull-Clark subdivs, NURBS patches, Bezier patches, bilinear patches, and spheres. (Exceptions: polygon meshes and Loop subdivs.) The below example shows the correct smooth normals on the left and the incorrect on the right. Notice the faceting of the reflections is solved.
Memory consumption for volumes has been greatly improved.
- Added a contrast control for multiscatter in PxrVolume
- Improved the way samples are distributed among lights, particularly in the presence of specular surfaces.
- Improved numerical precision in the
- Allow rendering of SampleFilter and DisplayFilter plug-ins for otherwise empty scenes.
- Improved multiresolution tessellation cache ("GUT cache") performance for reflection and transmission rays.
standardproceduralpathdefaults to .:$RMANTREE/lib/plugins.
- Added PxrDoubleHenyeyGreenstein.h to PixarRenderMan-Examples distribution
The macOS License Server install now registers the server with launchd and enables it if you have installed via the RenderMan Installer or there is an existing license file.
PxrLMSubsurface no longer includes specular color in the albedo AOV if there is a non-black subsurface albedo.
- The performance of tracing catmark subdivision meshes improved and scales much better with number of cores.
- Scanline EXR output time is significantly reduced when writing denoiser AOV checkpoints.
Updated PxrImagePlaneFilter to use screen space offset values.
- Removed case where txmake would not calculate pixel aspect ratio (PAR) when resizing.
- Fix occlusion and clampTo range in PxrProjector. The occlusion parameter now defaults to OFF.
Fixed a bug which could cause a crash when reading uniform float variables during displacement or baking.
- Fixed a bug where displacements may cause a hang.
Fixed a crash when using the asrgba option of the deepexr driver.
Fixed an issue where watertight tessellation could corrupt the lookup of primvars.
- Fixed possible crash using Display 'rgb' with baker.
- Fix a crash when opacity cache was disabled.
- Fixed crash in the OpenEXR display driver when writing large tiled multi-channel EXR images that exceed 2GB uncompressed.
- Fixed display memory reporting.
Fixed a bug that could cause crashes or artifacts on deforming geometry when setting the clampmotion option to zero.
- Fixed a bug where local emission would be camera visible for holdout objects.
Fixed a bug in deepexr that could produce negative alphas when rendering volumes and outputting half-floats.
- Fixed under tessellation of subdivision surfaces causing blurring baked textures.
A bug that caused a crash when a non-existent display channel was passed to the PxrFilmicToneMapper display/sample filter plugin has been addressed.
Fix a potential render stall for blocking SSS rays.
- Fix possible holes with subdivision meshes when baking.
Fixed a bug causing geometry that is offscreen before displacement and is close to the camera plane to potentially cause the render to hang or run out of memory.
- Fixed a potential hang when ending a re-rendering session.
The possibility of pinholes at vertices with high valence when using Attribute "dice" "watertight" has been eliminated.
- Fixed issue recognizing packed OpenEXR Ci and a channels during checkpoint/recover renders.
Fixed a bug where a light's shadowSubset and attribute shadowsubset wouldn't be combined properly. We are now properly using the intersection of the subsets. Similarly for shadow exclude subsets.
Fixed issues with pretessellated subdivision surfaces and cached opacity.
- Fixed possible crash with PxrUPBP
Fixed an issue that could cause haloing artifacts when denoising a subsurface PxrSurface that has 0 diffuse gain.