Welcome to RenderMan for Katana (RfK) 21.1!
Welcome to RfK 21.1 This release introduces improvements and some fixes to the previous release.
Support has been added with this release for:
- Katana 2.5v1 on Linux
- Initial preview release for Katana 2.5v1 on Windows
PxrDefault integrator is now available in PrmanGlobalStatements.
- Changed the default value of the adaptall hider parameter. It's now correctly "Off" by default.
Changed the "imagerBackground" parameter in PrmanGlobalStatements to "backgroundColor". The parameter now changes the background color with a DisplayFilter rather than an imager shader.
- The shadingInterpolation attribute (used in baking) has been removed from RenderMan and PrmanGlobalStatements and PrmanObjectStatements.
- Hider mode "incremental" is now forced "on" when live rendering.
- Fixed a regression in user attribute behavior. User attributes behave the same as they did in RfK 20.x
- Fixed an inconsistency in Material assignment on hierarchical instances between live and preview renders.
- Manifold connections upstream of an OSL node will no longer cause a crash.