This is RenderMan 21 Documentation you are viewing. The Rmanwiki home page will redirect you to the current documentation.
Welcome to RenderMan for Maya (RfM) 21.4!
This release introduces improvements and some fixes to the previous release.
- The Preset Browser also displays progress while using txmake for a new material preset.
- The preset browser now remembers the library path entered in preferences.
- The preset browser's docking behavior has been improved in Maya 2016+ and Maya 2017. The browser's size and position are correctly restored across sessions. Note that starting with Maya 2017, if you leave the preset browser visible when you quit Maya, it will be re-opened as you left it the next time you start and force-load RendeMan for Maya to be able to display its contents.
- Fixed a bug where PxrTexture node whose texture name included $F would cause a badly named rib file.
A bug that caused Maya batch renders to crash if RfM was set to be autoloaded has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Asset Browser to save materials with keyframed attributes.
- Fixed a crash when closing a Maya scene which has an OpenVDBVisualizeNode.
- The Preset Browser's progress bar would sometimes fail to appear in Maya 2017+.
- Motion blurring of Maya fluids should now work correctly.
- Preset Browser: connections to array attributes are now correctly handled.
- Fixed a bug where RenderMan would crash on shading networks that include a Maya projection node upstream from another Maya projection. The crash no longer occurs, but nested Maya projections are not actually supported at this time, so the image may not render as expected.
RenderMan for Maya
- Modifying light visibility while in IPR mode does not change light visibility
- Maya fluids will currently only render if you add RenderMan volume controls. Select the fluid shape and in the AE, do Attributes->RenderMan->Add Volume Controls
- Creating a mesh light during IPR will retain the old geometry (non-mesh light). A refreshed IPR session will remove the old geometry.
- Prior versions of RenderMan for Maya are not compatible with RenderMan 21.0. Trying to load the version 20.0 plugin with RenderMan Pro Server 21 installed will cause the following warnings: "rfm Warning: skipping unknown Slim keyword: requires" when loaded. The 20.X plugin will not function correctly.
- Deselecting "Receive Shadows" does not work.