Welcome to RenderMan for Maya (RfM) 21.5!
This release introduces improvements and some fixes to the previous release.
- OSL files registered as Maya nodes can now be used in material presets. NOTE: These presets will only work if the OSL node is available as a Maya node type. If you want to distribute self-contained material presets including OSL objects, you should instead use PxrOSL in your shading network.
When rendering to DeepEXR, RfM will automatically add Ci, a to your displays.
- RFM doesn't expurge '#' in file paths anymore.
- Fixed a Windows-only path issue in the Assets Browser that would make some assets fail to render.
RenderMan for Maya
- Modifying light visibility while in IPR mode does not change light visibility
- Maya fluids will currently only render if you add RenderMan volume controls. Select the fluid shape and in the AE, do Attributes->RenderMan->Add Volume Controls
- Creating a mesh light during IPR will retain the old geometry (non-mesh light). A refreshed IPR session will remove the old geometry.
- Prior versions of RenderMan for Maya are not compatible with RenderMan 21.0. Trying to load the version 20.0 plugin with RenderMan Pro Server 21 installed will cause the following warnings: "rfm Warning: skipping unknown Slim keyword: requires" when loaded. The 20.X plugin will not function correctly.
- Deselecting "Receive Shadows" does not work.