Welcome to RenderMan for Maya 23.2!
Please see the release notes below for all the new capabilities and known issues! You may also wish to visit the migration page for selected highlights.
- Alembic archives coming from Maya's BiFrost would crash the renderer (Bifrost is not yet supported)
You can find a useful Doxygenated developer documentation in the Developers' Guide under RfM2
RenderMan for Maya
- Deselecting "Receive Shadows" does not work.
- Light Linking volumes is not currently supported
- The Holdout shelf button fails to operate, use the shape node render stat setting Maya to create the holdout object.
- Creating a mesh light from existing geometry during IPR will duplicate the geometry in-render. Restart the render to remove the duplicate.
- We do not support Camera Facing Curves in Xgen
- Xgen will not reflect changes in the Collection
- Maya Fur Feedback is not supported