Welcome to RenderMan for Maya 23.4!
Please see the release notes below for all the new capabilities and known issues! You may also wish to visit the migration page for selected highlights.
- The preference for checkpointing interval now supports a sequence of intervals. Please see the documentation link
- Fixed a bug where light linking wasn't working when a mesh had multiple shaders assigned to different groups of faces.
The texture manager's pick images feature was failing in Maya 2020.
- Fixed a bug that may delete the contents of a non-renderman shelf at startup.
- Adding custom displays/channels through the UI now works (as well as various related issues).
- Fixed an issue where launching renders on Linux could fail.
- Fixed argument parsing bug preventing the use of "-camera" inside a file name and causing a crash.
- DisplayChannels created from presets were renamed instead of being shared.
- `file p-q -list` was returning a truncated list of dependencies.
- Fixed an issue where Xgen would not motion blur correctly for single frame renders or when the shutter angle was not 360.
You can find useful Doxygen developer documentation in the Developers' Guide under RfM2
RenderMan for Maya
- Deselecting "Receive Shadows" does not work.
- Light Linking volumes is not currently supported
- The Holdout shelf button fails to operate, use the shape node render stat setting Maya to create the holdout object.
- Creating a mesh light from existing geometry during IPR will duplicate the geometry in-render. Restart the render to remove the duplicate.
- We do not support Camera-Facing Curves in Xgen
- Xgen will not reflect changes in the Collection
- Maya Fur Feedback is not supported