This is RenderMan 21 Documentation you are viewing. The Rmanwiki home page will redirect you to the current documentation.
RenderMan for Houdini fixes are integrated to Houdini's Production Builds.
For those of you new to Renderman 21, please take a look at the changes here.
- For File SOP that points to .vdb file(s), RfH now calls blobbydso:impl_openvdb procedural automatically. See OpenVDB for more details.
- Support deepexr output. See Render To Disk for more details.
- All RenderMan 21.5 shader user interface updates are available in H16.0.682.
- SideFx fixed dragging the Bxdf from the shop/risnet to the object in the Viewport to assign a shader.
- PxrBarnLightFilter manipulator works with width and height.
- PxrRodLightFilter manipulator works with width, height, and depth.
- Return handle for Light, LightFilter, and Displace so they will work with prman for python.
- SideFx fixed RIS Bxdf and patterns for prman for python.
- Added ri_autobias toggle.
- Removed force setting of trace displacement to on since it is now the default in the renderer.
- Added deepexr to RenderMan RIS ROP.
- Re-arranged RenderMan RIS ROP's display device list of the most commonly used first.
- SideFx fixed "Fast point instancing" to allow overriding Bxdf. See Instances for an example.
RenderMan for Houdini
- Light filter linking is not supported yet. This is due to Houdini limitation.
- Cannot resize or rotate the dome environment map in the viewport. This is due to Houdini limitation.
- Rect light texture orients incorrectly in the viewport as the render though the render is correct. This is due to Houdini limitation.
- IPR is not supported. This is due to Houdini/SOHO limitation.
- Crop window does not work in 'it'.
- Re-render button does not work in 'it'.