This is RenderMan 21 Documentation you are viewing. The Rmanwiki home page will redirect you to the current documentation.
- 'it' now has expanded exposure controls allowing better viewing of HDR images.
- Mesh lights now support the same shadow controls and shadow linking as the analytic lights.
- Improvements to light selection on scenes with many lights should improve render times.
- Performance improvements to volume rendering, especially very sparse volume fields and/or single scatter volumes.
- OpenEXR texture reads (.tex as EXR) are faster.
- Added more controls to texture patterns:
- This includes:
- Added 3 new parameters to texture patterns:
- int mipBias: bias mip selection, negative numbers bias lower resolution while positive numbers bias to higher resolution textures.
- float maxResolution: clamp mip selection, useful to prevent loading of higher resolution mipmap levels.
- optimizeIndirect: sets to an inexpensive Box filter on indirect hits, except on PxrBump where the filter is fixed.
- The user attributes, "int texturemipbias" and "float maxtextureresolution", will override these settings.
- This includes:
- Improvements to Display Filters allow for easier construction of non-physical effects.
GPU Denoise requires CUDA 7.5 and compatible hardware.
For refraction, extinction and ssAlbedo are unconnectable on PxrSurface
- Added support for baking with displacement
- Improved precision of PxrRamp inputs
- PxrPortalLight: now supersamples the input texture, leading to less potential pixelization on low resolution textures
- PxrSphereLight's intensityNearDist is now more correct/precise.
- Path Traced Subsurface options in PxrSurface now converge more quickly for high phase values
- Lighting Services:
- Minor changes to horizon culling of lights and clusters to the light selection algorithm
- Additional code robustness for lights: Fixed crash in cases where mesh lights were instanced
- PxrPortalLights, added more protection against slightly negative dot products in the portal sample function.
- PxrMarschner lobe picking improvements, this reduces the variance, especially for high albedo hair
Memory optimizations in KD tree representation of volumes
- Optimizations for volumes in the case of low density volumes
- Updates to remove subsurfaceZeroScatterAttenuation to make sure that PxrLayerSurface reflects the new approach in PxrSurface
- Prevent PxrOcclusion from calculating occlusion for infinite lights.
- Add new RixShadingContext::GetNearestHits method with excludeSubset parameter.
Reduced memory usage when baking complex scenes with PxrBakePointCloud.
- PxrDisney "ClearCoat" lobe has been renamed "Clearcoat" for output to standard LPEs used by other shipped materials.
Thread contention has been reduced when emitting many RiObjectInstances from multiple threads.
- Added new API calls that Display and Sample filters can use to perform image processing (e.g., for NPR) across bucket boundaries.