This is RenderMan 21 Documentation you are viewing. The Rmanwiki home page will redirect you to the current documentation.
- Volume rendering improvements can increase speeds on scenes with sparse volumes using single scatter up to 4x and improve scenes with multiscatter volumes up to 25%.
- DeepEXR's storage changed from "tiled" to "scanline". Note that this may dramatically increase memory requirements to cache the frames as they are being rendered. We recommend Horizontal or Zigzag-X bucket order when rendering to help ameliorate the cost. Nuke requires scanline storage for deepEXR files.
- PxrSurface's Specular and Clearcoat energy compensation now applies to the physical fresnel mode.
Volumes in deep images rendered using the PxrPathTracer integrator have been improved. In particular, single-scatter volumes now work with deep images and developers of custom integrators can now register splats at distinct multiple depths along a single ray for deep images using the new RixDisplayServices::AddSample() method. Note that this may require developers to recompile their plugins, but no source changes are needed."
- The RixDisplayChannel::ChannelType::k_IdChannel enum has been renamed to k_IntegerChannel. The old name remains available as an alias but will be removed in the next major release.
The "float rawId" builtin AOV is now deprecated. Use the equivalent "int id" AOV instead.
- Made optimizations to the core raytracing speed.
An incremental render that successfully uses recover mode to pick up from a previous render now does at least 'minextrasamples' new samples (Hider "raytrace" "int minextrasamples").
Attribute "identifier" "id" of -1 (old behavior was < 0) signals the master ID wins, not the instance (i.e. no instance override desired).
- Speed improvements to txmake when dealing with large input images have been made. Large textures should use the OpenEXR format option.
Reduced noise and improved convergence in the PxrOcclusion integrator.
- Texture cache memory statistics are now more accurate, particularly the texture entry in the overall memory summary.
Custom integrator plugins are now responsible for splatting builtins; PxrGeoAovs.h has been added to help with this.
Improved performance of OSL access to primvars and inputs from C++ shaders.