Scenes that use light filter disabling may see a large drop in memory use.
- Time to first pixel in scenes with millions of lights has been greatly reduced.
- LPE system now handles complex sets of LPEs more efficiently.
- Added support for writing shadow AOV to alpha channel for holdouts
- Some error messages for RiCurves now contain more info.
- We now allow layering of subsurface transmit gain in PxrLayer and PxrLayerMixer.
PxrOcclusion useAlbedo now requires Bxdfs to return a valid albedo user lobe otherwise black is assumed. This may result in a change the behavior for custom Bxdfs, visible lights, and hair geometry.
Fixed a bug that could cause sporadic crashes early in a multi-threaded render.
Fixed missing results from baking one-sided geometry.
Fixed an error message indicating bad nesting of structs when the problem was actually just incompatible struct connections in shader graphs.
The orientation of Nn on a sphere now matches Ngn -- there was an inconsistency for transforms with negative determinant (both for Orientation "rh" and "lh") when Option "quadric" "orientspheretotransform" is 1.
- Fixed incorrect output space for bake3d normals.
- Fixed incorrect transmission term for motion blurred volumes.
Python RIF's now run in python3.
Fixed a bug that could cause OSL shaders to get dropped from objects with long "identifier" attributes.
Fixed crash in watertight dicing that could occur with some maxgridsize settings.
- Don't emit "could not acquire texture" warnings for Maya File atlas textures.
- Fixed single-scatter nested volumes writing direct lighting and emission results to LPE AOVs. The results are now correctly classified and written to the correct AOV.
Geometric light patches no longer potentially get disabled when they happen to have a high enough tessellation rate.
Matte objects now work correctly in Z-depth AOVs. Toggle off the "respects matte" property of the Z AOV if you wish to emulate the previous behavior.
Fixed potential for crashes during direct-linked renderer shutdown at the completion of a render that used OSL.
- Fixed potential end-of-render crash when using OSL shading nodes.
- Fixed incorrect derivatives in PxrBumpManifold2D.
- A crash that involved the aaOceanPrmanShader pattern node has been fixed.
- Fixed out-of-sync PxrLayerSurface.args from PxrSurface.args where diffuse tranmission didn't work with PxrLayerSurface.args.
- Added missing subsurface transmit gain in PxrLayerSurface.args and PxrLayer so we can now layer subsurface transmit gain as well.
Fixed a bug that caused textures made with pattern "single" to return black when used with bilinear and bslpine filters.PxrOcclusion useAlbedo now requires Bxdfs to return a valid albedo user lobe otherwise black is assumed. This may result in a change the behavior for custom Bxdfs, visible lights, and hair geometry
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using holdouts in scenes with no light sources.
RenderMan Pro Server