Welcome to RenderMan 21.3 This release introduces improvements and some fixes to the previous release.
- PxrSurface's new Diffuse Exponent (when roughness is 0.0) is a power exponent that controls the diffuse falloff.
- PxrMarschner now supports Glow and improved controls with the addition of new parameters.
- Per lobe LPE has been added to PxrMarschnerHair, these will output results from: HairSpecularR, HairSpecularTT, HairSpecularTRT, HairSpecularGLINTS.
New built-in primvars "curvature_u" and "curvature_v" -- the principal surface curvatures in the u and v directions. (As before, the "curvature" primvar is the mean surface curvature, ie. the average of curvature_u and curvature_v.)
Scenes that use light filter disabling may see a large drop in memory use.
- Time to first pixel in scenes with millions of lights has been greatly reduced.
- LPE system now handles complex sets of LPEs more efficiently.
- Added support for writing shadow AOV to alpha channel for holdouts
- Some error messages for RiCurves now contain more info.
- We now allow layering of subsurface transmit gain in PxrLayer and PxrLayerMixer.