Welcome to RenderMan for Maya (RfM) 21.7!
This release introduces improvements and some fixes to the previous release.
- Cryptomatte is now supported in RenderMan for Maya.
- It is now possible to set the FPS value for an alembic archive. Add the optional setting called Alembic FPS to the RenderManArchive or gpuCache node that is being used to render the alembic archive.
- Fixed an issue where bump2d and bump3d issues spurious warnings.
- Motion blur now works as expected when rendering an alembic archive that contains animated objects.
RenderMan for Maya
- Modifying light visibility while in IPR mode does not change light visibility
- Maya fluids will currently only render if you add RenderMan volume controls. Select the fluid shape and in the AE, do Attributes->RenderMan->Add Volume Controls
- Creating a mesh light during IPR will retain the old geometry (non-mesh light). A refreshed IPR session will remove the old geometry.
- Prior versions of RenderMan for Maya are not compatible with RenderMan 21.0. Trying to load the version 20.0 plugin with RenderMan Pro Server 21 installed will cause the following warnings: "rfm Warning: skipping unknown Slim keyword: requires" when loaded. The 20.X plugin will not function correctly.
- Deselecting "Receive Shadows" does not work.