This is RenderMan 21 Documentation you are viewing. The Rmanwiki home page will redirect you to the current documentation.
Ptex may break on Loop subdivision meshes that are visible in render and are destroyed by a plugin using the Subdiv API
- Rendering an alembic file with any instances will only render the original geometry. The procedural does not call ObjectBegin/ObjectEnd or ObjectInstance so all instances are ignored.
- Full LPE support is only available with the PxrPathTracer and PxrVCM integrators.
- Crop renders write the whole image with black padding. These will still be correctly aligned with the main render.
- Single-scatter volumes show as an opaque volume envelope. Multi-scatter volumes work correctly.
- Checkpointing is not currently supported.
- Cannot be used with another sample filter such as the implementation of Maya's Image plane.
- Light Filters in the PxrVCM integrator do not affect or shape photon emission.
- The Cone Angle parameter for lights is incorrect, it does not match the input angle, this will be fixed in a future version.
- The PxrAovLight does not work properly with PxrUPBP.
- Analytical lights placed inside volumes may yield artifacts when made visible to the camera. As a workaround, the light camera visibility should be turned off, and a geometry with a similar shape should be used (visible to the camera, invisible to transmission and indirect rays), with the proper emissive bxdf.
- Using the '.' character in the handle for an OSL shader could cause unpredictable results during re-rendering.
- Instances are not supported for baking.
- 3d baking: no direct bake-to-ptex support.
- PxrBakePointCloud cannot directly render ptex.
- No RixPTC/pointcloud API (so PxrBakePointCloud cannot read ptc files).
- Sample/Display filter plug-ins do not have access to lighting services for light dependent effects, e.g. lens flare.
- Adding new mesh light on existing geometry during IPR results in double geometry.
- Camera visibility changes are not respected during Live Rendering.
- For PxrUPBP, If the light source is inside a volume, that volume needs to be defined as Volume “box”, RiVolume
- For PxrUPBP, To get a volume caustic, the object casting the caustic needs to have higher intersectpriority than the volume.
- For PxrUPBP, Overlapping heterogeneous volumes are not working yet. (However, overlapping homogeneous volumes do work.) This will be resolved in the future.
- When attempting to access an array primvar, you must first check the size of the array primvar and allocate the appropriate space. Not doing so may lead to a crash.
- Points and curves cannot have mesh lights attached to them.
- Deformation motion blurred volumes don't currently work with densityFloatPrimVaror densityColorPrimVar. You will need to use a PxrPrimVar node connected to densityFloat and densityColor instead.