- Change default for option trace worldorigin to "camera". This solves issues with precision in large scenes where locations can be many units away from the origin
- The IOR in PxrSurface has been raised to a max of 5
C and C++ deeptexture APIs and utilities have been restored but these are deprecated and will be removed in a future release
Fixed sample count is not supported by the renderer for mesh lights, the control is removed
- Empty string (i.e. "") traceset is now the same as NULL or unspecified, this may resolve some issues with grouping and trace sets not operating as expected
A bug leading to incorrect normals on points with radius larger than 1 has been fixed
Issues with facevarying data on RiPoints have been addressed
- Fixed an issue where GPU Denoise for sequences may crash
- Fixed bugs in the denoiser's GPU mode that could lead to either crashing or black images
A slowdown for non-pretessellated objects with deformation motion blur and overly large displacement bounds has been fixed
A bug where the renderer failed to fall back to uncached presence and opacity when caching was requested on RiPoints has been fixed
Fixed a bug causing potential for render hangs when using coincident or nearly-coincident lights
Fixed a bug causing a small chance of hangs when using more than 32 lights
Interactive/Live Rendering Limitations
- Crop window edits are restricted to fall inside the original crop window
- Bucket order or size cannot be changed during live rendering
- min and max samples settings cannot be altered during live rendering
- Changes to Presence do not update when using the opacity cache option
- Motion Blur will disappear during interactive rendering with scene changes
- Displacement does not update on changes
- Objects are not automatically re-diced during interactive sessions
- Mesh lights cannot be interchanged as geometry without restart
- Altering density of volumes does not update during IPR
- PxrUnified may crash while making interactive edits when using Manifold Walk and/or Indirect Guiding.
RenderMan Pro Server Limitations
- PxrUnified integrator does not yet support all the standard rendering features.
- Meshlights cannot be instanced
- Load on demand procedurals are not supported anymore, all procedurals are now loaded immediately
- We do not read point data from OpenVDB files
- PxrSurface back diffuse color is not output to the albedo color AOV
- Analytical lights placed inside volumes may yield artifacts when made visible to the camera. As a work around, the light camera visibility should be turned off, and a geometry with a similar shape should be used (visible to camera, invisible to transmission and indirect rays), with the proper emissive bxdf.
- Using the ' . ' character in the handle for an OSL shader could cause unpredictable results during re-rendering.
- Per-Instance baking is not supported, only the reference instance.
- 3d baking: no direct bake-to-ptex support.
- PxrBakePointCloud cannot directly render ptex.
- Sample/Display filter plug-ins do not have access to lighting services for light dependent effects, e.g. lens flare.
- Adding new mesh light on existing geometry during IPR results in double geometry.
- Motion blurred polygons do not motion blur normals when deformed. Use Subdivision meshes instead.
- When attempting to access an array primvar, you must first check the size of the array primvar and allocate the appropriate space. Not doing so may lead to a crash.
- Points and curves cannot be used as geometric (mesh) lights.
Deformation motion blurred volumes don't currently work with densityFloatPrimVar or densityColorPrimVar. You will need to use a PxrPrimVar node connected to densityFloat and densityColor instead.
The Centos KDE style "Oxygen" installs a version of Qt and sets the user's environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH forcing "it" and LocalQueue to attempt to load an incompatible Qt library. Either avoid installing the Oxygen theme or unset QT_PLUGIN_PATH before running "it" or LocalQueue. Other KDE styles may also install this theme.