- Edits to the Render Working Set are now supported by default for Katana 3.0v8 and newer. If you wish to opt out of this behavior, you can set the int attribute "liveRenderSettings.allowFollowRenderWorkingSet" to 1 0 at /root
- Added support for Attribute Functions to handle errors coming from RenderMan. Previously, this was only available for errors coming from the Katana scene.
- The instance array example file now shows how to add user attributes per-instance and how to apply motion blur
- Display drivers are no longer mistakenly included in the shader drop down list in PrmanShadingNode
- Fixed a bug where RfK was not outputting interpolateboundary when the corresponding attribute was set to the RenderMan default, 0. Other bridge products default this to 1
- VDBs loaded with PrmanVolume now correctly set the volume's geometry attributes without requiring the user to explicitly enable the densityGrid parameter
An issue where importing a light rig from RfM would fail has been fixed
Fixed configuration-specific incorrect scaling of menu fonts in the preset browser
Fixed incorrect gamma correction of preset browser preview renders
The preset browser will now correctly generate a preview image when saving a light rig
Creating a mesh light from existing geometry will duplicate the geometry in-render. Restart the render to remove the duplicate.
- Cannot change a geometry primitive type during live rendering (e.g. from NURBS to polymesh)
When assigning a material to a Scene Graph location, that location must be enabled in the live render working set
- Live render edits to the visible attribute need group locations to be "included with children" in the Live Render Working Set
Instanced lights with filters using the "Light Filter" coordsys have an incorrect transform. The workaround is to promote the light filter to a shared light filter using a light filter reference.
When rendering to "it" from Katana, do not stop the render from "it", abort the render from Katana. Your Katana session may freeze for a time if you abort from "it". If you make this mistake you can restore Katana to operation by terminating the prman render process manually. This will be fixed in a future version. You can also avoid this entirely by rendering to the Katana Monitor.
- We do not receive live render edits from Katana for nodes added at the end of the node graph, right above the Render node. If a no-op node (e.g. Merge) is inserted above the Render node and the node is added above that then the edit is received.
- Any live updates will cause interactive motion blur to be disabled. The render must be restarted.
- There are a few live render limitations in Katana 2.6 that have been resolved in Katana 3.0+ based on the improvements to 3.0, typically limitations with live working sets and adding/deleting locations in 2.6