The preset browser will now drop nodes in the current group node when importing an asset
Capture edits to lights that happen between the time the live render starts and when the light location is added to the live render working set
There is now an option in PrmanGlobalStatements for rendering raw checkpoints to the tempRenderLocation in the RenderOutputDefine node, rather than rendering them to the final renderLocation. This options requires that the KATANA_KEEP_TEMP_RENDER_FILES environment variable is set to prevent Katana from deleting the temporary checkpoint file at the end of the render
- Fixed a potential crash for scenes with cameras that aren't used in a Display
- Fixed a bug where prmanStatements.primAttributes.trace.displacement would automatically be set to the default value of 1 if other prmanStatements were set at that location
- Fixed incorrect __materialid attribute for cryptomatte renders that use the "Material" Layer
Creating a mesh light from existing geometry will duplicate the geometry in-render. Restart the render to remove the duplicate.
- Cannot change a geometry primitive type during live rendering (e.g. from NURBS to polymesh)
When assigning a material to a Scene Graph location, that location must be enabled in the live render working set
- Live render edits to the visible attribute need group locations to be "included with children" in the Live Render Working Set
Instanced lights with filters using the "Light Filter" coordsys have an incorrect transform. The workaround is to promote the light filter to a shared light filter using a light filter reference.
When rendering to "it" from Katana, do not stop the render from "it", abort the render from Katana. Your Katana session may freeze for a time if you abort from "it". If you make this mistake you can restore Katana to operation by terminating the prman render process manually. This will be fixed in a future version. You can also avoid this entirely by rendering to the Katana Monitor.
- We do not receive live render edits from Katana for nodes added at the end of the node graph, right above the Render node. If a no-op node (e.g. Merge) is inserted above the Render node and the node is added above that then the edit is received.
- Any live updates will cause interactive motion blur to be disabled. The render must be restarted.
- There are a few live render limitations in Katana 2.6 that have been resolved in Katana 3.0+ based on the improvements to 3.0, typically limitations with live working sets and adding/deleting locations in 2.6