New Features in 23.3
The missing Alpha value was ignored when a texture didn't have an alpha channel. The missing Alpha is a single float value and can not be textured
PxrMultiTexture: the blur parameter was ignored
Fix a rare crash in PxrRamp, when a node is connected to the splineMap parameter but fails to deliver valid data
A bug causing motion blur to not work with alembic archives has been addressed
Improved near/far clipping: parrallel to the film plane rather than radial. Fixed filmFit in Fill and Overscan mode
PxrProjector: Added overscan and orthographic camera support. A bug that cause motion blurred alembic archive containing points to not work has been addressed
"it" will not automatically try to apply the nVidia Denoiser to all images when enabled. Images now are catagorized into color and non-color when they are created, and only color ones are denoised. The RGB indicator on the Pixel Readout now changes
to XYZ if "it" does not cosider the AOV to be color. The user can use Image->Toggle Is Color (Shift+A) to override this setting on an image
Add an property to image elements "is color" which is then used to decide if the display should be denoised or not. Add a command to manually flip the property so the user isn't stuck with the automatic guess. The guess is based on a list of REs run against the channel names. The guess is made visible to the user via the pixel readout channel labels
Interactive/Live Rendering Limitations
- Bucket order or size cannot be changed during live rendering
- Changes to Presence do not update when using the opacity cache option
- Motion Blur will disappear during interactive rendering with scene changes
- Objects are not re-diced during interactive camera edits
- Mesh lights cannot be interchanged as geometry without restart.
RenderMan Pro Server
- PxrUnified integrator is currently experimental as it does not yet support all the standard rendering features.
- Meshlights cannot be instanced
- Load on demand procedurals are not supported anymore, all procedurals are now loaded immediately
- We do not read point data from OpenVDB files
- PxrSurface back diffuse color is not output to the albedo color AOV
- Analytical lights placed inside volumes may yield artifacts when made visible to the camera. As a work around, the light camera visibility should be turned off, and a geometry with a similar shape should be used (visible to camera, invisible to transmission and indirect rays), with the proper emissive bxdf.
- Using the ' . ' character in the handle for an OSL shader could cause unpredictable results during re-rendering.
- Per-Instance baking is not supported, only the reference instance.
- 3d baking: no direct bake-to-ptex support.
- PxrBakePointCloud cannot directly render ptex.
- Sample/Display filter plug-ins do not have access to lighting services for light dependent effects, e.g. lens flare.
- Adding new mesh light on existing geometry during IPR results in double geometry.
- Motion blurred polygons do not motion blur normals when deformed. Use Subdivision meshes instead.
- When attempting to access an array primvar, you must first check the size of the array primvar and allocate the appropriate space. Not doing so may lead to a crash.
- Points and curves cannot be used as geometric lights.
Deformation motion blurred volumes don't currently work with densityFloatPrimVar or densityColorPrimVar. You will need to use a PxrPrimVar node connected to densityFloat and densityColor instead.