- To make this AOV render interactively you can add it to the interactiveOutputs selection in the RenderSettings node.
- Advanced: You can also add a statistics selection to the node. Typically used for diagnosis and tuning:
- "variance" – estimates the statistical variance of values contributing to the pixel in associated source channel.
- "mse" – like variance, but diminishes towards zero as the number of samples increases. Though somewhat noisy itself, this can provide an estimate for the amount of mean-squared-error versus a hypothetical ground-truth image.
- "even" – an image produced using only one half of the camera samples
- "odd" – an image produced using just the other half of the camera samples
You can add metadata to the EXR file to facilitate pipeline functions. The Foundry documents this here.
SetAttr("renderSettings.ouputs.primary.rendererSettings.exrheaders.test_string",[ "Your string" ] )
Setting Custom Display Data
You can pass a custom Katana attribute into the display driver using an OpScript at the /root. Below is a simple example setting "myParam" onto a display called "myDisplay"