The initial integration is available, but live statistics are turned off by default. Artists can turn on the statistics through the buttons in the UI.
- Several shading parameters have changed names between RenderMan 23 and 24 (See the RenderMan release notes). The PRMan24 shelf has a script - Update Shading Networks (23 -> 24) - that will upgrade existing PrmanShadingNodes in the scene. This should be run before flushing caches or the old parameter connections will be lost. There is also an option - PrmanGlobalStatements->plugin->Compatibility->updateMaterialParameters - that updates the parameters in the final material attributes. This should only be used as a temporary method to compare renders between versions until material networks can be updated
- There is a version mismatch between the Maya and Katana 4.5/5.0 ptex libraries that can causes errors when rendering scenes that use xgen.
- In versions older than Katana 4.0, the Monitor doesn't support adding/removing displays during a live render. The same issue exists in Katana 4.5/5.0 unless the KATANA_DISABLE_FORESIGHT_PLUS environment variable is set to 1.
- If you use ROI and overscan or cropWindow, the ROI will have to be adjusted slightly after a resolution edit to get the correct value during a live render
- Instanced lights with filters using the "Light Filter" coordsys have an incorrect transform. The workaround is to promote the light filter to a shared light filter using a light filter reference.
- We do not receive live render edits from Katana for nodes added at the end of the node graph, right above the Render node. If a no-op node (e.g. Merge) is inserted above the Render node and the node is added above that then the edit is received.
- Any live updates will cause interactive motion blur to be disabled. The render must be restarted.