This release introduces improvements and some fixes to the previous release.
- Support added for Autodesk Maya 2018
Improved support for rendering alembic files in RfM, please see the documentation here.
Parameters of RenderMan nodes can now be dragged from the attribute editor to the Render Setup window.
- Increased opacity and texture cache sizes to 4 GB, previously were 1 GB and 2 GB respectively. This should better match modern machines.
- Maya projection nodes now render correctly when motion blurred.
- Light filters now render correctly when motion blurred.
- Loading an OSL file in PxrOSL would fail if the Node Editor or Hypershade hasn't been opened yet.
A bug that caused a secondary pass to always revert to OpenEXR when DeepEXR was selected has been fixed.
- A bug that caused shading to be broken when rendering scenes with XGen and archives has been addressed.
"Start Paused" and "Extra Job Options" were missing in batch preferences. They were still honored but only modifiable via scripting.
RenderMan for Maya