This is RenderMan 21 Documentation you are viewing. The Rmanwiki home page will redirect you to the current documentation.
Welcome to RenderMan 21.4!
This release introduces the following improvements, fixes, and miscellaneous changes.
- A new pattern for the easy creation of realistic hair has been added, PxrHairColor
- PxrIntMultLightFilter has new parameter Saturation.
RenderMan now supports integer display channels. Use DisplayChannel "int foo" or similar to create them. These channels require either zmin or zmax filtering and will default to 1x1 zmin. Integer builtin AOVs (such as "id") assigned to an integer channel will now be passed through as raw bits instead of converted to floating point values.
- The RixDisplayChannel::ChannelType::k_IdChannel enum has been renamed to k_IntegerChannel. The old name remains available as tan alias but will be removed in the next major release.
The "float rawId" builtin AOV is now deprecated. Use the equivalent "int id" AOV instead.
- Made optimizations to the core raytracing speed.
- deepEXR's storage changed from "tiled" to "scanline". Note that this may dramatically increase memory requirements to cache the frames as they are being rendered. We recommend Horizontal or Zigzag-X bucket order when rendering to help ameliorate the cost.
Fixed PxrSurface's subsurface albedo where there were artifacts when subsurface gain was connecting to a pattern that has zero value.
- PxrSurface's energy compensation now works for the physical specular mode as well as the artistic mode.