Welcome to RenderMan 21.3!
Welcome to RenderMan 21.3 This release introduces improvements and some fixes to the previous release.
- PxrSurface's new Diffuse Exponent (when roughness is 0.0) is a power exponent that controls the diffuse falloff.
- Per lobe LPE has been added to PxrMarschnerHair, these will output results from: HairSpecularR, HairSpecularTT, HairSpecularTRT, HairSpecularGLINTS.
New built-in primvars "curvature_u" and "curvature_v" -- the principal surface curvatures in the u and v directions. (As before, the "curvature" primvar is the mean surface curvature, ie. the average of curvature_u and curvature_v.)
Scenes that use light filter disabling may see a large drop in memory use.
- Time to first pixel in scenes with millions of lights has been greatly reduced.
- LPE system now handles complex sets of LPEs more efficiently.
- Added support for writing shadow AOV to alpha channel for holdouts
- Some error messages for RiCurves now contain more info.
Fixed a bug that could cause sporadic crashes early in a multi-threaded render.
Fixed missing results from baking one sided geometry.
Fixed an error message indicating bad nesting of structs when the problem was actually just incompatible struct connections in shader graphs.
The orientation of Nn on a sphere now matches Ngn -- there was an inconsistency for transforms with negative determinant (both for Orientation "rh" and "lh") when Option "quadric" "orientspheretotransform" is 1.
- Fixed incorrect output space for bake3d normals.
- Fixed incorrect transmission term for motion blurred volumes.
Python RIF's now run in python3.
Fixed a bug that could cause OSL shaders to get dropped from objects with long "identifier" attributes.
Fixed crash in watertight dicing that could occur with some maxgridsize settings.
- Don't emit "could not acquire texture" warnings for Maya File atlas textures.
- Fixed single-scatter nested volumes writing direct lighting and emission results to LPE AOVs. The results are now correctly classified and written to the correct AOV.
Geometric light patches no longer potentially get disabled when they happen to have a high enough tessellation rate.
Matte objects now work correctly in Z-depth AOVs. Toggle off the "respects matte" property of the Z AOV if you wish to emulate the previous behavior.
Fixed potential for crashes during direct-linked renderer shutdown at completion of a render that used OSL.
- Fixed potential end-of-render crash when using OSL shading nodes.
- Fixed incorrect derivatives in PxrBumpManifold2D.
- A crash that involved the aaOceanPrmanShader pattern node has been fixed.