RenderMan for Blender (RfB) provides easy access to RenderMan features via Blender. The addon also connects Blender with RenderMan Pro Server in new ways, leading to fast interactive results without the need of writing RIB. The RIB-out functionality continues to support existing pipelines and farm rendering. RfB provides truly seamless access to RenderMan's speed, power, and stability for Blender users, who can maintain a simple, Blender-centric workflow, or take advantage of the plugins' flexibility to create an optimal, customized pipeline.
- Canceling a render from "it" will crash Blender. Workaround is to cancel the render from Blender.
- Rendering to the viewport with XPU and the OptiX denoiser (enabled via the environment variable RFB_USE_OPTIX_DENOISER), will fail to denoise after the first render.
- Translating Cycles shading networks is not supported.
- Not all curve types are supported.
- Grease Pencil is not fully supported.