RenderMan for Houdini fixes are integrated to Houdini's Production Builds.
For those of you new to Renderman 21, please take a look at the changes here.
- For File SOP that points to .vdb file(s), RfH now calls blobbydso:impl_openvdb procedural automatically. See OpenVDB for more details.
- Support deepexr output. See Render To Disk for more details.
- All RenderMan 21.5 shader user interface updates are available in H16.0.682.
- Dragging the Bxdf from the shop/risnet to the object in the Viewport to assign a shader now works.
- PxrBarnLightFilter manipulator works with width and height.
- PxrRodLightFilter manipulator works with width, height, and depth.
- Return handle for Light, LightFilter, and Displace so they will work with prman for python.
- SideFx fixed RIS Bxdf and patterns for prman for python.
- Added ri_autobias toggle.
- Removed force setting of trace displacement to on since it is now the default in the renderer.
- Added deepexr to RenderMan RIS ROP.
- Re-arranged RenderMan RIS ROP's display device list of the most commonly used first.
- SideFx fixed "Fast point instancing" to allow overriding Bxdf. See Instances for an example.
RenderMan for Houdini
- Light filter linking is not supported yet. This is due to Houdini limitation.
- Cannot resize or rotate the dome environment map in the viewport. This is due to Houdini limitation.
- Rect light texture orients incorrectly in the viewport as the render though the render is correct. This is due to Houdini limitation.
- IPR is not supported. This is due to Houdini/SOHO limitation.
- Crop window does not work in 'it'.
- Re-render button does not work in 'it'.