Release date: January 6, 2022
Welcome to RenderMan for Maya 24.3!
RenderMan for Maya 24.3 brings some new functionality to artists, as well as several bug fixes.
These release notes are meant to be used together with the release notes from RenderMan for Maya 24.0, 24.1, and 24.2. Also please see the release notes for RenderMan itself for the set of enhancements and bug fixes that you can find within the renderer in this release.
Fixes and Features within RenderMan for Maya
- Preset browser: Fixed an issue where material assets created in Houdini would not import correctly into Maya and would leave new nodes disconnected
- Preset browser: fixed an issue where certain materials wouldn't render
- Added support for RenderMan USD plug-ins for Maya 2022.3
- Fix XPU crash in Maya while rendering and adding AOVs. The viewport's AOV menu also updates correctly after that sort of edit.
- Preset browser: materials are now converted to the current color space.
- Preset browser: bump 2 roughness maps are now correctly converted to tex.