Welcome to RenderMan for Maya (RfM) 21.6!
This release introduces improvements and some fixes to the previous release.
Improved support for rendering alembic files in RfM, please see the documentation here.
Parameters of RenderMan nodes can now be dragged from the attribute editor to the Render Setup window.
- Increased opacity and texture cache sizes to 4 GB, previously were 1 GB and 2 GB respectively. This should better match modern machines.
RenderMan for Maya
- Modifying light visibility while in IPR mode does not change light visibility
- Maya fluids will currently only render if you add RenderMan volume controls. Select the fluid shape and in the AE, do Attributes->RenderMan->Add Volume Controls
- Creating a mesh light during IPR will retain the old geometry (non-mesh light). A refreshed IPR session will remove the old geometry.
- Prior versions of RenderMan for Maya are not compatible with RenderMan 21.0. Trying to load the version 20.0 plugin with RenderMan Pro Server 21 installed will cause the following warnings: "rfm Warning: skipping unknown Slim keyword: requires" when loaded. The 20.X plugin will not function correctly.
- Deselecting "Receive Shadows" does not work.