Welcome to PxrSurface for Mari 22.7
RenderMan for Mari provides PxrSurface support in Mari 4.5+
Where do you find this? When running the installer choose "Show All". We do not auto-detect Mari on your computer.
You can reference the Mari documentation on installation (note that this link is external to RenderMan and may change)
- Clearcoat thickness and attenuation now supported
- The following features are not implemented:
- Point light support
- Specular anisotropy
- Per-lobe bump
- Subsurface scattering only supports the subsurface color and renders it as a diffuse lobe.
- All volumetric effects: subsurface scattering, single-scattering, glass absorption
- Feature limitations
- It is impossible to perfectly match a RenderMan render (GLSL and Mari limitations).
- Transparency is not supported (Mari limitation).
- Roughness isn't a perfect match (Mari Limitation).
- Environment map switching doesn't work in Mari 4.5 (API bug) but is functional in the next release.
- Conditional visibility is not supported by Mari: all PxrSurface parameters are always visible.
- Nested parameter groups are not supported by Mari: all PxrSurface parameters groups are always visible.