RenderMan lights can be created from the Add menu.
Analytic Light Types
For detailed information about parameters, follow the links for each light type.
- PxrRectLight – This is the commonly used rectangle-shaped area light
- PxrCylinderLight – This is the commonly used cylinder area light used to mimic fluorescent lights and light sabers
- PxrDiskLight – The disk is great for using as an area light or in combination with filters to make a spotlight
- PxrDistantLight – The distant light is perfect for use as a sun or other distant source where light rays are nearly parallel and cover the whole scene
- PxrSphereLight – For users that miss using a point light, this light can be useful to illuminate in all directions
- PxrAovLight – This is a utility light for outputting an AOV mask, it has no manipulator since it does not illuminate. Its position isn't important in the scene
- PxrDomeLight – The dome light acts as the environment light for a scene, and is mapped with a high dymanic range image (HDRI), very common workflow
- PxrPortalLight – For difficult lighting situations, like indirectly lit interiors, this light along with the PxrDomeLight can be used to increase the quality and speed of your renders. Portal lights need to be associated with a dome light. Simply parent the portal light object under the dome light in the outliner.
- PxrEnvDayLight – This is a daylight simulation shader where you can supply any time and location on Earth or simply place your sunlight where you like it.