Release date: July 30, 2021
Welcome to RenderMan 24.1!
RenderMan for Blender 24.1 brings some new functionality to artists, as well as several bug fixes.
Blender Builds Supported
Blender 2.93LTS – new in 24.1!
If you're using Windows and Blender 2.93, please download patch.zip and apply it to your RenderMan Pro Server installation:
- Certain specific lights will now be textured in the viewport (ex: PxrRectLight). This can be turned off in the preferences.
- The wireframe drawing of lights can now be turned off in the preferences.
- Added a new UI for adding user attributes
- A new popover panel has been added to viewport to edit RenderMan viewport preferences
- Some icons have been updated to higher resolution versions (change by King-Wally)
- Added initial support for Liquid Fluids.
- Added shortcuts to the light linking, light mixer, and trace sets editor to the RenderMan tab (change by King-Wally)
- Fixed issues with scalpST on hair not working properly with child particles.
- Correct the variable type for the __st AOV.
- Hair particles should now respect the Viewport Display Amount setting.
- Fix issue with particles not motion blurring correctly.
- Fix issue with primvars not exporting correctly on particles.
- Fixed an issue where adding a RenderMan light failed.
- Fixed issue where connecting a PxrDisplace node to the RenderMan Output node in the shader editor failed
- Addressed a problem where local view was not working for geometry
- Fixed issue where the GPU override flag batch denoising failed
- Fixed issue with preview rendering to the Blender render view failed when Render Region was on
- Fixed odd shift in viewport when IPR is turned on.
- Fixed issue that prevented curves from rendering.
- Fixed issue where the variance file for denoising could not be found.
- Fixed issue where ID's for instances were not consistent between blender batch renders.
- Fixed progress printing for blender batch renders in LocalQueue
- Fixed bug where duplicating shading nodes containing ramps failed.
- Fixed issue where turning off Show Emitter on particles did not work
- Fixed numerous issues for baking renders.
- Fixed bug where muting lights did not work for preview and batch renders.
- Fixed issue where hiding a collection failed.