Release date: April 22, 2022
Welcome to RenderMan for Blender 24.4!
RenderMan for Blender 24.4 brings some new functionality to artists, as well as several bug fixes.
Blender Builds Supported
NOTE: Blender 3.0 and 3.1 is not officially supported.
- Live stats are now enabled by default in the preferences.
- Setting the environment variable, RFB_BATCH_NO_PROGRESS, will disable progress printing during batch rendering via Blender.
- Fix issue with depth of field not matching between viewport renders and preview renders
- Fix issue where rotating dome lights would cause portal lights to rotate on the wrong axis.
- An issue where textures in the texture manager would fail when materials/nodes were renamed has been addressed.
- Fix issue where light filters were still being drawn in the viewport when they were deleted.
- Holdouts should now render correctly when doing viewport renders
- Lights are correctly hidden when the viewports overlays has been disabled
- Fix an issue with progress not displaying correctly when rendering to "it".