Welcome to RenderMan for Houdini 23.4!
This release of RenderMan for Houdini (RfH) 23, includes a number of new features and bug fixes that address feedback.
- RenderMan for Houdini now supports multiple production builds of Houdini 18. Please see the required version of Houdini for 18.0 as we have updated the builds we support.
- Due to the changes in order to support multiple binary incompatible releases of 18.0; 23.4 will require different installation steps as linked here.
- Rendering with RenderMan will not operate on Houdini Apprentice editions. See Side FX's website for options that allow Third Party Rendering
- Added support for shutteroffset with packed alembic
- Support added for point instancing from geo node (with ptinstance parameter)
- Checkpointing can now take a sequence of intervals that it steps through with each checkpoint, this allows output at different specified timings. Please see the documentation link
- Fixed a bug where the manifold coordsys was not interactive
- Fixed bug where transform motion blur was not propagated properly within subnets
- Corrected a memory corruption bug that caused crashes with select alembic files
- Fixed where the incorrect materials were applied to packed alembic geo
- Added a namespace argument to args2hda script
- Added an originalCase flag to args2hdsa script to prevent shader names from converting to lower case
Reminder: Renamed Houdini velocity privmars called "v" to "vel"; as "v" is a reserved attribute for RenderMan geometry. Shaders in RenderMan for Houdini should refer to "vel" instead of "v".
RenderMan for Houdini
- Can only apply materials to packed instances
- Display edits cannot be changed from the image tool to mplay
- Cross-frame denoising pdg support
- Applying undo of deleted nodes or collapsing to subnet may not work as expected
- Rewiring subnet indirect inputs
- Rendering with Mantra lights or VOPs not possible
- Bypassing shader nodes
- Auto camera creation for IPR
- RenderMan clipping planes