Welcome to RenderMan for Houdini 23.5!
This release of RenderMan for Houdini (RfH) 23, includes a number of new features and bug fixes that address feedback.
- RenderMan for Houdini supports multiple production builds of Houdini 18 since the RenderMan release of 23.5. Please see the required version of Houdini for 18.5 as we have updated the builds we support.
- Due to the changes in order to support multiple binary incompatible releases of 18.5, 18.0; 23.4 and 23.5 require the installation steps as linked here.
- Reminder: Rendering with RenderMan will not operate on Houdini Apprentice editions. See Side FX's website for options that allow Third Party Rendering
New Features in 23.5
- Improved support for Solaris in 18.5 including a new RenderMan LOP. RenderMan must be installed as 18.5 does not include the necessary parts from SideFX
- AOV and LPEs are now supported
- Interactive DOF operations are supported
- Interactive Crop windows
- Interactive Built-in camera projections
- The Preset Browser should now work for Solaris
- Added progress logging to hdPrman. Supply the -V or --verbosity arg to husk. See the husk help for how to get different levels of verbosity with the -V arg
- (hdPrman) Added support for editing display channel settings, like filter, filterwidth
- Added support for Packed (Sequence) Disk Primitives
- (hdPrman) Fixed a bug where light linking wasn't working for point instancers
- (hdPrman) Added support for horizontalApertureOffset and verticalApertureOffset, bokeh settings.
- Fixed issue where some float user attributes had unexpected values
- Fixed a bug where the sampler table was not reset on each frame
- Fixed broken bokeh parameters
An issue with the PYTHONPATH environment variable not being set correctly has been addressed
Reminder: Renamed Houdini velocity privmars called "v" to "vel"; as "v" is a reserved attribute for RenderMan geometry. Shaders in RenderMan for Houdini should refer to "vel" instead of "v".
RenderMan for Houdini
- Can only apply materials to packed instances
- Display edits cannot be changed from the image tool to mplay
- Cross-frame denoising pdg support
- Applying undo of deleted nodes or collapsing to subnet may not work as expected
- Rewiring subnet indirect inputs
- Rendering with Mantra lights or VOPs not possible
- Bypassing shader nodes
- Auto camera creation for IPR
- RenderMan clipping planes