Release date: April 22, 2022
Welcome to RenderMan for Houdini 24.4!
RenderMan for Houdini 24.4 brings some new functionality to artists, as well as several bug fixes.
These release notes are meant to be used together with the release notes from RenderMan for Houdini 24.0, 24.1, 24.2, and 24.3. Also please see the release notes for RenderMan itself for the set of enhancements and bug fixes that you can find within the renderer in this release.
- RenderMan for Houdini 24.4 supports the following Houdini production builds: 18.0.597, 18.5.672, 18.5.696, 18.5.759, 19.0.455, 19.0.561, and 19.0.589
Fixes & Features
RenderMan in Houdini
A crash that would sometimes occur when compiling an OSL shader using PxrOSL has been addressed.
Fixed a bug where adding spare params would appear to fail when other custom parameters had already been added.
Fixed binary RIB exports of VDB volumes.
String parameters on VOPs can now be promoted if parameter is connectable.
RfH will now automatically add the string "variance" to the beauty pass when denoise is turned on. This is required if AOV's are also requested to be denoised.
RenderMan in Solaris
- Fixed a bug where husk from houdini 19.0 wouldn't load the RenderMan plug-in on linux unless LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set to $HFS/dsolib.
- Fixed a bug where husk renders would only render the first render product even if multiple were refereced by render settings.
- Fixed an issue where changing the render purpose in the Solaris viewport (eg. Final vs Preview) would cause all the representations of geometry to be present in the render at the same time.
- Changed RenderMan prototype attributes on the "Render Geometry Settings" node to have the additional "ri:attributes" namespace. This allows them to be used by other consumers of USD more easily.
- Added support for batch rendering thru LocalQueue and Tractor via hbatch when using Solaris, in the Tractor Spool panel.