Release date: November 10, 2021
Welcome to RenderMan for Katana 24.2!
RenderMan for Katana 24.2 brings some new functionality to artists, as well as several bug fixes.
These release notes are meant to be used together with the release notes from RenderMan for Katana 24.0 and 24.1. Also please see the release notes for RenderMan itself for the set of enhancements and bug fixes that you can find within the renderer in this release.
- Texture Manager: Fixed errors that were generated when the "Pick Images" tab in the Texture Manager was selected
- Texture Manager: a bug that caused the texture manager in RfH to convert .ies files has been addressed
- Texture Manager: Improved detection of textures already in the target color space to avoid a double conversion
- Texture Manager: properly process an image used as a regular tex and a bump to roughness tex in the same scene
- Preset Browser: Fixed an issue preventing assignment of environment maps from the preset browser
- Preset Browser: Fixed an issue that prevented the Preset Browser from creating an OCIO config
- Preset Browser: New option to txmake images used by a material or light.
Preset Browser: New dependencies (textures/images/osl) storage system:
asset: All dependencies are stored inside the asset's directory. This is the default and matches the previous behaviour.
library: The library will contain a "global_storage" directory. Each asset can specify a subdirectory to store all dependencies.
external: dependencies will be stored using a path provided by the user. The path may contain environment variables.
- Preset Browser: Several other fixes around texture naming and loading
- Licensing: If the RenderMan license file can't be found, clearer errors are given
Specific Fixes for RenderMan for Katana
- Support for Katana 4.5 alpha (4.5v010005a). New features are still being developed. Old features should work.
- Fixed an error when saving Lama to the Preset Browser
- Fixed some bugs when moving assets from Katana to Maya via the Preset Browser