Lightyear © Disney/Pixar
Welcome to RenderMan for Maya 25!
This new release of RenderMan for Maya 25 (RfM) continues to support the full RenderMan feature set. See the RenderMan Release Notes for more details about RenderMan itself.
This current release offers support for:
- Maya 2023
- Maya 2022
- Maya 2020
- The new denoiser uses the same workflow as the old denoiser when spooling jobs for rendering.
- There is a new UI for the denoiser under the RenderMan → Tools menu
- By default, new volumes in your scene are added to the default volume aggregate set named "globalVolumeAggregate", which is a global node that will work with importing and referencing.
You can find a useful Doxygenated developer documentation in the Developers' Guide under RfM2
Known Limitations - New
- Maya 2024 is not supported
Known Limitations - Existing
- Deselecting "Receive Shadows" does not work.
- Light Linking volumes is not currently supported
- Creating a mesh light from existing geometry during IPR will duplicate the geometry in-render. Restart the render to remove the duplicate.
- We do not support Camera Facing Curves in Xgen
- Xgen will not reflect changes in the Collection
- Maya Fur Feedback is not supported
- On Windows, jobs running mayabatch will hang at the end if Autodesk's mtoa plug-in is loaded. This can be avoided if you unload mtoa, change it to not autoload, and resave the scene without Arnold dependencies.
Changes in RenderMan for Maya 25.1
A bug that caused textures to not update sometimes during IPR when the source image was changed has been fixed. RMAN-20377
- IES profile swatches will now render so that you can see what the IES profile looks like. RMAN-20378
- Fixed an issue where "it" and LocalQueue were failing to launch from Maya 2023. RMAN-20183
- Fixed a bug where exporting rib archives to a directory with spaces in the name would fail. RMAN-20517
- Provide better layout hints to the Maya Hypershade window for LamaGeneralizedSchlick, LamaIridescence, LamaLPE, PxrBlenderPrincipledInputs, PxrColorSpace, PxrRGBToNg, PxrSetRange, PxrSplineMap. RMAN-20584
Changes in RenderMan for Maya 25.2
Fixed a bug which would cause IPR or Viewport renders running in XPUGPU mode in Maya to sometimes crash when the application was closed. RMAN-18308
- Fixed a bug affecting the invalidation of non .tex textures in XPU where the updated texture from the Texture Manager would not be rendered. Instead the old texture before the invalidation would be used. RMAN-17686
- Removed the asymmetry denoiser parameter from the RfM UI. RMAN-20672