Welcome to RenderMan for Houdini 22!
This release of RenderMan for Houdini 22 (RfH), includes a number of new features to address feedback as well as many improvements to RenderMan for Houdini workflow and performance.
- Rendering with RenderMan will not operate on Houdini Apprentice editions, see Side FX's website for options that allow Third Party Rendering
- Houdini Indie is only compatible with 17.5, you must be using at least version 17.5.210 or higher
Miscellaneous and Important Changes
- Phantom objects are removed from all rays, not just camera rays
- Applying undo of deleted nodes or collapsing to subnet may not work as expected
- Interactive Render Regions may require adjustment to start rendering
- Rewiring subnet indirect inputs
- Auto camera creation for IPR
- RenderMan clipping planes
- If a light instance's master is disabled, the first render/update will still show the master
- Tractor Integration
- Rendering with Mantra lights not possible
- Bypassing shader nodes
- Rendering with Houdini VOPs