Welcome to RenderMan 23.3 for Katana
RenderMan for Katana (RfK) capitalizes on the changes made for newer versions of Katana and continues full support of the latest RenderMan ProServer.
This current release offers support for:
- Katana 3.0
- Katana 3.1
- Katana 3.2
- Katana 3.5
Please see the release notes below for all the new capabilities and known issues!
- Illumination/integrator baking is supported in RfK. For an example of how to set this up see <not yet existing rfk documentation>. The primary output is not added for bake renders unless the output is defined by the user in the katana scene.
- Added a new setting to the plugin->Location Handling section of PrmanGlobalStatements - prmanGlobalStatements.plugin.interpolateXformToMaxTimeSamples. This setting will linearly interpolate every xform in the scene to be from shutterOpen to shutterClose and use maxTimeSamples number of samples. This is useful in cases where the samples in an incoming abc file don't line up with the scene's Render Settings.
- Added a debug setting - prmanGlobalStatements.plugin.debugRibFile - to PrmanGlobalStatements that dumps a debug rib file before each render
- Removed the geometricApproximation primAttributes from PrmanObjectStatements.
- Removed the trace.samplemotion primAttribute from PrmanObjectStatements
- The darkfalloff option has been brought back for adaptive sampling
- The PxrTee inputRGB port now accepts incoming connections of type color, vector, point, or normal
- Fixed a bug with RfK multithreaded traversal where locations with the same instance.ID could create and use different masters. This would result in a very similar render, but could result in different dicing on the instances and a memory increase.
- Checkpoint and recovery now works past the first checkpoint command on Windows.
Changing the cameraName in RenderSettings doesn't update AOVs without a specified camera
Creating a mesh light from existing geometry will duplicate the geometry in-render. Restart the render to remove the duplicate
- Cannot change a geometry primitive type during live rendering (e.g. from NURBS to polymesh)
When assigning a material to a Scene Graph location, that location must be enabled in the live render working set
Live render edits to the visible attribute need group locations to be "included with children" in the Live Render Working Set
- The Monitor doesn't support adding/removing displays during a live render
- If you use ROI and overscan or cropWindow, the ROI will have to be adjusted slightly after a resolution edit to get the correct value during a live render
- Instanced lights with filters using the "Light Filter" coordsys have an incorrect transform. The workaround is to promote the light filter to a shared light filter using a light filter reference.
- We do not receive live render edits from Katana for nodes added at the end of the node graph, right above the Render node. If a no-op node (e.g. Merge) is inserted above the Render node and the node is added above that then the edit is received.
- Any live updates will cause interactive motion blur to be disabled. The render must be restarted.