Follow these sets to set up AOVs in RenderMan for Katana:
- Create a PrmanOuputChannelDefine node for each AOV channel. This sets up the channel name for RiDisplayChannel.
- LPE will require a source to define the light path to collect. For example, Indirect Diffuse would be
- Create a RenderOutputDefine node for each AOV file. This sets up the output file name and channel name be used for RiDisplay.
- Wire the PrmanOutputChannelDefine node into RenderOutputDefine to see the added channel in the RenderOutputDefine's channel drop down (MatteID0 in the example above).
- To make this AOV render interactively you can add it to the interactiveOutputs selection in the RenderSettings node.
You can add metadata to the EXR file to facilitate pipeline functions. The Foundry documents this here.
Essentially, on the Render Settings node: