Welcome to RenderMan for Maya 23.3!
Please see the release notes below for all the new capabilities and known issues! You may also wish to visit the migration page for selected highlights.
New Features in 23.3
- Added new RenderMan menu to enable illumination baking capabilities.
- An issue that caused batch rendering of render layers to fail has been fixed
- Fix issue with pre/post render MEL callbacks spooling renders that use Yeti
- Importing light rigs from the preset browser will now pay attention to the rfmDefaultLightShading preference
- Fixed a bug where disconnecting a displacement shader wasn't updating during IPR
- Fixed a bug where the parameter's slider would not be responsive while mouse down after disconnecting a pattern during IPR
- The preset browser documentation menu now points to the correct documentation
- Fixed a bug caused by an unexpected connection from a display's displayType plug
- Fixed a bug where batch preview renders could fail to render on Windows
- Fixed a bug where batch preview renders using the RIB spool style, would not respect the Output AOVs preference
- Fixed a bug for IPR renders to 'it' with the Output AOVs preference enabled. The first AOV name would not appear in the list of AOVs in 'it'
- RFM now supports relative paths to specify the install location in Maya modules
- Pixel Filter Mode has been exposed in the globals
- darkfalloff has been brought back and is now available for all samplers
- RfM now has an f5 token to represent frame numbers padded to 5 places. Ex: 00001
You can find useful Doxygen developer documentation in the Developers' Guide under RfM2
RenderMan for Maya
- Deselecting "Receive Shadows" does not work.
- Light Linking volumes is not currently supported
- The Holdout shelf button fails to operate, use the shape node render stat setting Maya to create the holdout object.
- Creating a mesh light from existing geometry during IPR will duplicate the geometry in-render. Restart the render to remove the duplicate.
- We do not support Camera-Facing Curves in Xgen
- Xgen will not reflect changes in the Collection
- Maya Fur Feedback is not supported