Welcome to RenderMan for Maya 23.5!
Please see the release notes below for all the new capabilities and known issues! You may also wish to visit the migration page for selected highlights.
- Changed RfM to use the Normal crease method for subdivision surfaces by default. This may cause a noticeable difference to subdivs with creases. There is a new crease method setting among the subdiv controls to allow for switching between the Normal and Chaikin crease methods
You can find useful Doxygen developer documentation in the Developers' Guide under RfM2
RenderMan for Maya
- Deselecting "Receive Shadows" does not work.
- Light Linking volumes is not currently supported
- Creating a mesh light from existing geometry during IPR will duplicate the geometry in-render. Restart the render to remove the duplicate.
- We do not support Camera-Facing Curves in Xgen
- Xgen will not reflect changes in the Collection
- Maya Fur Feedback is not supported